ant-user mailing list archives

From "james terry" <james.te...@unikala.com>
Subject RE: When to compile or not to compile that is the question?
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 16:29:40 GMT

My approach to a similar problem is to compile the base, "framework"
classes first, & then compile the other jar sets using "antcall",
passing in a different output dir, & declaring a new classpath
element which points to the framework classes or jar.

good luck.

james@unikala.com

- -----Original Message-----
From: M.A.Dunphy [mailto:madunphy@bigfoot.com]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 8:03 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: When to compile or not to compile that is the question?

Ohh dear,

how very embrassing!! As you said, one pass thr' <javac> and
everything gets
compiled, great, but what does one do when they'd like to separate
these
various classes into a number of jars? for example, we have a set of
framework classes that are used by the sampleapp classes and I would
like to
wrap all framework classes (ONLY) into one jar. But jaring from the
root
gives me everything, so is it possible to filter at the
directory/package
level?