ant-user mailing list archives

From "Siberski, Wolf" <Wolf.Siber...@tui.de>
Subject RE: Visual Age EJB exports
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 08:40:41 GMT
I don't think it is possible to do this with the VAJ Tools API, but
I'm not sure. Anyway I recommend not to go this way
but to export the sources/deployment descriptors
and build everything again outside of VAJ.
We had a very strange problem with WebSphere on Solaris
which disappeared when we built everything on the target platform.
So much about 'Write once, run everywhere'...

The tasks I've written make it quite simple to export a specific
source code version to the file system. If You are using WebLogic,
there is the excellent ejbc task to build EJB jar files; I'm not
aware of a task implementation for WebSphere.

Wolf

 -----Original Message-----
From: Martin Andrews [mailto:martin@oopl.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 1:23 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Visual Age EJB exports

Hi all,

I want to have an Ant task that can export code from my Visual Age
repository.  I found an article on the IBM site that describes simple class
exports with Ant, but I also want to export an EJB jar file.  Has anyone had
any experience in this area?

Wolf Siberski - your name is mentioned in the article as contributing some
simple VA tasks for Ant 1.3.  Do you have any further comments?

Cheers,

Marty