ant-user mailing list archives

From "Garcia, Gilles" <Gilles.Gar...@fmr.com>
Subject RE: rebuild when compiler changes ? (was:How to specify the locat ion of the compiler ?)
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:30:56 GMT
But the compiler options are file-specific, since a .class file
may have been compiled with a different set than its neighbors.
Thus one should compare the compiler configuration for each .class
against the new one.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Burton
Sent: 2/13/01 5:22 PM
Subject: Re: rebuild when compiler changes ? (was:How to specify the
location    of the compiler ?)

Hello,

The default compiler properties file doesn't have to be "lying around,"
but can be checked into the SCM system as should anything for production
builds.  For developer builds, the logical place for a compiler
properties
file might be the target directory for the compile.

The point I was attempting to make is that without a lot of effort, it
is
possible to implement at least some level of support for dependency
checking based on compiler options.

-Bill