ant-user mailing list archives

From "Garcia, Gilles" <Gilles.Gar...@fmr.com>
Subject rebuild when compiler changes ? (was:How to specify the location of the compiler ?)
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:57:56 GMT

Would Ant rebuild when the compiler location is younger than the
class it is attempting to build?
More generally, if I rely for my build on the location of <umpteen>
third party jars and classes, how could I create <umpteen> automatic
dependency rebuild actions without having to specify them for every
rule where is matters ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Sent: 2/13/01 12:39 PM
Subject: Re: How to specify the location of the compiler ?

--- Stefan Lecho <Stefan.Lecho@iconmedialab.com> wrote:
> As far as I understand, Ant uses the PATH environment settings
> to execute the compiler. Is there a possibility to define the location

> of the compiler in the build or property file ?
>
> Something similar to
> <property name="compiler.location" value="compilers/jikes/bin"/>

Actually, that's not a bad idea, having an attribute for <javac> that
can
take a full-path to the compiler-- much like the <java> task has a "jvm"
attribute that can take a full-path to the 'java' to execute. Want to
look
into adding it? (Keeping in mind that just because I think it could be a
good idea doesn't necessarily mean everyone will :)  Pass it by ant-dev
once you have a patch.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)