ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: Problem with java task and JUnit on Linux
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 10:36:48 GMT

Yes, the interface has changed slightly between 3.4 and 3.5 and at the time
of Ant 1.2, JUnit 3.2 was available.
Ant 1.3 which will be released soon will however works both on JUnit 3.2 and
JUnit 3.5

>  I am trying to get the example from following article to work:

> I have tried using JDK1.2.2 and 1.3.  If the fork property is set to
> "no", everything seems to work fine.  If the fork property is set to
> "yes", I get the following result:
>
> Searching for build.xml ...
> Buildfile: /home/greg/antjunit/sample/build.xml
[...]
I guess that's because you do not have JUnit in your classpath thus it
cannot find the class junit.textui.TestRunner when you fork a new VM and
throw a ClassNotFoundException. Add a pathelement to junit.jar to see if it
solves the problem.

FYI if you have problems such as this and you want to see the command line,
running ant with -verbose might be very helpful to you: for example: "build
mytarget -verbose"

--
 St├ęphane Bailliez
 Software Engineer, Paris - France