ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ventimiglia, David" <>
Subject RE: build.xml and .inc file organization/structure
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 17:49:03 GMT
Ugh.  Ok, I see your point.  :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt []
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 9:40 AM
Subject: RE: build.xml and .inc file organization/structure

--- "Ventimiglia, David" <> wrote:
> Hey Diane,
> I'm curious about what you mean by "not straightforward".  How is it
> that a single <javac> is not sufficient?

Because I have to compile against jdk118 classes, for the most part, but
also against some jdk12 and jdk13 classes -- but only for certain files.
So not only do I have to modify the classpath that's passed to the
compiler for certain files, I also have to specify a build-order. In one
compile target alone (in one of over 60 build-files), I need 37 <javac>
tasks)... it ain't pretty. (If you look up "bane" in the dictionary, it
says "See backward-compatibility" :)

Do You Yahoo!?