ant-user mailing list archives

From "M.A.Dunphy" <madun...@bigfoot.com>
Subject RE: Class dependancies?
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:35:39 GMT
Hi

I downloaded jikes to see how it work for this behavior. The jikes FAQ shows
how the -depend works and it works fine, but the initial example was when
the base class was modified and the derived class was unchanged. Running ant
picks up the base class, but it cant/doesn't know that the derived class
needs to pass through the compiler.

I suppose this will always be the case and only be captured during a test or
a complete recompile.

Thanks

Mick

-----Original Message-----
From: M.A.Dunphy [mailto:madunphy@bigfoot.com]
Sent: 26 February 2001 11:27
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Class dependancies?

Hi Conor

Reading the docs it appears that I have to use either the classic or jikes
compiler for this option. I have JDK1.3 and I've set the property
build.compiler=classic and set true the depend attribute in the javac task:
but I get the following:
    [javac] Compiling
C:\Example\srd\src\com\us\framework\servlets\BaseHttpServlet.java because it
is out of date with respect to
C:\Example\build\classes\src\com\us\framework\servlets\BaseHttpServlet.class

    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to C:\Example\build\classes\src
    [javac] Using classic compiler
    [javac] depend attribute is not supported by the modern compiler
    [javac] Compilation args: -d C:\Example\build\classes\src -classpath
C:\Example\build\classes\src;C:\Example;C:\ant1.2\lib\ant.jar;C:\jdk1.3\jre\
lib\rt.jar;C:\jdk1.3\jre\lib\i18n.jar;C:\jdk1.3\jre\lib\jaws.jar;C:\jdk1.3\l
ib\tools.jar;C:\junit3.2\junit.jar;C:\weblogic\lib\weblogicaux.jar;C:\weblog
ic\classes;C:\jaxp1.0.1\jaxp.jar;C:\jaxp1.0.1\parser.jar;C:\ant1.2\lib\jaxp.
jar;C:\ant1.2\lib\optional.jar;C:\ant1.2\lib\parser.jar -sourcepath
C:\Example\srd\src
    [javac] File to be compiled:
    C:\Example\srd\src\com\us\framework\servlets\BaseHttpServlet.java

What does setting build.compiler=classic do? does it mean the oldjavac is
used instead of javac?

Thanks

Mick