ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jay Glanville" <>
Subject using a path in a fileset?
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2001 17:19:37 GMT
I want to be able to use a path element in place of a fileset.  However, the
task I'm using won't let me do that.  Is there a way to do this?

I'm trying to use the copy task to copy all my source code and third party
libraries to a temporary area (lets not get into why I'm doing this ;-)  ).
I currently have a patternset defining my source files, and a path defining
my classpath.  I basically want to do something like the following:

<copy todir="${build.loc}/export_area" >
    <fileset dir=".">
        <paternset refid="source" />
        <path refid="classpath" />

however, ant doesn't like the <path> within the <fileset> element.  If I
remove that one line, everything works out fine.  However, how do I copy the
jars that make up my classpath into my export area?

Jay Dickon Glanville
P068 - SiteManager Development, Nortel Networks
613-765-1144 (ESN 395-1144)
MS: 045/55/A05

View raw message