ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jay Glanville" <dic...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject how do I turn a path element into a property?
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:08:44 GMT
I am writing a target that will be running an external process.  As part of
that external process, I need to state a classpath.  I already have a path
reference that is used in my javac and java tasks, so I want to reuse it in
my exec task.

For example, I have the following path reference:

    <path id="classpath">
        <pathelement location="jar1.jar" />
        <pathelement location="jar2.jar" />
    </path>

and later on, in my task, I have the following external execute task

    <exec executable="debugger">
        <arg line="-classpath ${myclasspath}" />
    </exec>

Basically, I need to have ant replace ${myclasspath} with the value in the
path reference "classpath".

How do I do this?

--
Jay Dickon Glanville
P068 - SiteManager Development, Nortel Networks