ant-user mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com.au>
Subject RE: Typical Usage Question
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2001 23:15:17 GMT
> This has worked very well so far, and we make no assumptions regarding
> the environment beyond the bare necessities (XML parser and the like).

We do the opposite.
We mandate how the environment has to look for our developers.

We got sick of "but it worked on my machine"
"Oh, I assumed that wizbang.jar would be available on the production machine"
etc. etc.

IMHO, In order to create a controlled, repeatable build/test process, you need
 to enforce a strict adherence to a defined evironment.
My build files are configurable with property files and more, but they are
 intended to be configured on a per *project* basis, and not by each
 individual developer.