ant-user mailing list archives

From msew <m...@ev1.net>
Subject echo me this
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 13:25:06 GMT
so you have this nice path and target

<!-- this file will list out all of the various classpaths for .jars and
.class -->

     <path id="baseClasspath">
       <pathelement path="${classpath}" />
       <pathelement location="\dev\ms\classes\" />

<!-- this will include ALL of the .jar files in the lib dir -->
       <fileset dir="\dev\ms\lib">
         <include name="**/*.jar" />
       </fileset>

<!-- this will include ALL of the .jar files in the deploy dir -->
       <fileset dir="\dev\ms\deploy">
         <include name="**/*.jar" />
       </fileset>

<!-- this will include ALL of the .dar files in the deploy dir -->
       <fileset dir="\dev\ms\deploy">
         <include name="**/*.dar" />
       </fileset>

     </path>

   <target name="compile" depends="prepare">

   <!-- Compile the java code from ${src} into ${classes} -->
   <javac srcdir="${src}" destdir="${classes}" classpathref="baseClasspath">

     <exclude name="**/*?emplate*" />

    </javac>

    </target>

it works. but one is just not satisfied now are they!

how do you:

0) echo out the classpath?

1) "turn on" echoing so that all of the ant commands are echoed to the
system.out  (ie i want to see the LONG lucious spam of the javac -classpath
<lots of stuff>

2) echo out any variable?   <echo message = "$(foo)" />   always seems to
just echo out the (foo) and not the actual variable    (I am probably doing
something incorrect but I have no idea what)

thanks in advance

msew