ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Davies <JDav...@Ceon.com>
Subject RE: Deleting directories
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 19:05:30 GMT
That worked better! It deleted all of the files in all of the CVS
directories throughout the project. However, it left the empty CVS
directories in place. Is it possible to delete the CVS directories also? BTW
- Thanks for the great response on this question! I do learn alot from this
list.

- Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn McAllister [mailto:glenn@somanetworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 10:52 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Deleting directories

Brett Ramdeen wrote:

> Hehe, this one will work for sure:
>
> <target name="clean">
>         <delete dir="path_to_cvs" />
> </target>
>
> For example, on my machine the <delete> task is written as:
> <delete dir="/usr/home/bramdeen/cvs" />

This is not what he wants to do.  Use

<delete>
  <fileset dir="base_dir" defaultexcludes="no">
    <include name="**/CVS/**" />
  </fileset>
</delete>

By default, there is a "**/CVS/**" excludes pattern associated with
every fileset (implicit or explicit).  To do anything with CVS
dirs/files, you need to use the "defaultexcludes" attribute to turn off
this automatic exclude.

Glenn McAllister