ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Davies <JDav...@Ceon.com>
Subject Deleting directories
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:37:19 GMT

would be much appreciated!

- Jeff Davies

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Mukhar [mailto:kevin.mukhar@corp.usa.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 9:38 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: confused over failure

Phillip Lord wrote:

>        I have a file with the following construction in it
>
> public final int ord;
>
> protected Constructor()
> {
>
>     ord = 10;
> }
>
>      which is perfectly legal java. Sadly due to a bug in Javac
> is will not compile, instead telling me that I have to initialise
> finals in the constructor (even though I have).

Are you sure your code is correct? What you have described compiles for
me (java version "1.2.2" Classic VM (build JDK-1.2.2_007, native
threads, symcjit)) :

Source file -------------------------
public class Junk
{
  public final int ord;
  protected Junk() {
    ord = 10;
  }
}
-------------------------------------
c:\Project\provisioning\src\bss\util>javac -verbose Junk.java
javac -verbose Junk.java
[parsed Junk.java in 420 ms]
[loaded C:\java\jdk1.2.2\jre\lib\rt.jar(java/lang/Object.class) in 30
ms]
[checking class bss.util.Junk]
[wrote Junk.class]
[done in 812 ms]