ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Donie <sdo...@zycor.lgc.com>
Subject RE: Access environment variables within ANT?
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:53:41 GMT
Also, in ant 1.3 b1 and after, there is a way to get to all environment
variables without using -D on the command line. I have this in the beginning
of my build.xml, (not inside any targets).

  <!--
  	This allows access to all OS environment variables - just use syntax
    ${myEnv.variablename}
  -->
  <property environment="myEnv" />

Then inside a target you can access any environment variable - see the
testing message where I echo my CVSROOT:

  <target name="init">
    <!-- Create the time stamp -->
    <tstamp>
    	<format property="TIME_NOW" pattern="hh:mm:ss" />
    </tstamp>
    <echo message="Building ${ant.project.name} on ${Machine} in ${basedir}
starting at ${TIME_NOW} on ${TODAY}" />
    <echo message="Testing: ${myEnv.CVSROOT}" />
  </target>

Steve