ant-user mailing list archives

From "N. J. O'Neill" <njone...@llnl.gov>
Subject Re: Appending to system classpath in Ant
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 00:40:12 GMT
I'm finding that I have just the opposite problem with Ant 1.2, namely that
the following javac task

     <javac
        srcdir="${basedir}/src"
        destdir="."
        classpath="/dev/null" />

is compiling correctly as long as the CLASSPATH environment variable is set
(this is on Solaris 2.6 with JDK 1.3).  The sources that I am compiling use
a lot of external classes (jsse, xerces, xalan, jdbc drivers, etc.), so I
am at loss to explain how they are compiling with a classpath of
"/dev/null" unless the javac task is silently appending the system
classpath.  Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Neil J. O'Neill
Information Management & Graphics Group         Email:  njoneill@llnl.gov
Lawrence Livermore National Lab.                Phone:  (925) 424-3023
P.O. Box 808, Mailstop L-561                    FAX:    (925) 423-8704
Livermore CA, 94551-0808