ant-user mailing list archives

From De Wolf Olivier <>
Subject RE: Ant and OS?
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:59:11 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: donderdag 22 februari 2001 9:43
Subject: Ant and OS?

Hi there,

we just installed JDK 1.3 on one of our OS2 machines ...
runs fine!

Next idea was to build our sources on OS2. Well, after doing
some renaming (ant.cmd works better than ant.bat ;-) ant will
start ... but then it will tell me:

Compiling java files (BASE)
    [javac] Compiling 4 source files to F:\projects\....
    [javac] Modern compiler is not available - using classic compiler

Then it will stop; since it can't find the classic compiler either.

Any idea (and no: I dont want to use Jikes)?

edwin g√ľnthner

I think that
you just have to put tools.jar (its provided with the JDK in /lib) in your
classpath when you run ant. tools.jar contains some compilers.

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not
an intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the
information contained in the email.
The Capital Markets Company.

View raw message