ant-user mailing list archives

From Cathal Mc Ginley <t...@vccomputers.ie>
Subject Re: [beginner] how to build a jar file with ant?
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:08:05 GMT
I think your build.xml file is rather invalid. You cannot explicitly
nest targets. What you probably want to try is something like:

<project name="myproject" default="compile" basedir=".">

<target name="compile">
   <javac srcdir="bean" destdir="classes"
      debug="on" optimize="off" deprecation="off" />
</target>

<target name="dist" depends="compile">
   <jar jarfile="app.jar" basedir="classes" />
</target>

</project>

Use dependencies to execute several tasks in a row, nesting seems
intuitive but it's *not* how ant works.

So the command "ant" or "ant compile" will compile your files, and the
command "ant dist" will run the compile task and jar your classes

good luck
	Cathal.