ant-user mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@richardhall.net>
Subject Re: Two issues
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 02:33:56 GMT
Tim Vernum wrote:

> That's not quite the way it is though.
> There is no parent/child relationship, there is just an order of execution.
>
> The "dependent" is actually executed first, (due to the nature of dependency)
>  and therefore has first stab at the cherry. This is not a result of some
>  "parent"/"child" relationship the way that
>         commandline => parent-script => project => target
>  works, it is just a result of persistence and immutability of properties.

But, by definition, this is not caused by the order of execution, it is caused
because the depending target is subordinate to the dependent target.  That is why
my two targets that don't depend on each other (but have the same property
${my.name}) each have their own value for that property, even if one is executed
before the other.

-> richard