ant-user mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: Using JavaDoc
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:34:05 GMT
Fernando Padilla wrote:

> I don't believe packagenames, ".*" is valid.  I think it wants a valid
> starting package. ( since all I compile is under com.interdim, I have
> "com.*" )

Correct.  And the sourcepath entry is wrong, it should be

<javadoc
  sourcepath="../code"
  destdir="${javadocdir}"
  packagenames="com.orent.iso9000.*"

</javadoc>

Because of the way the packagenames parsing works, you need to point your
sourcepath at the top of your source tree, and then use the packagenames
attribute to specifically select the packages to document.

> Just fell lucky that you don't have to name all packages explicitly as the
> commandline javadoc demands.
>
> fern
>
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Ken Young wrote:
>

> > Below is the settings that I am using for javadoc:
> > <target name="javadoc2">
> > <javadoc
> >                 sourcepath="$../code/com/orent/iso9000/**"
> >                 destdir="${javadocdir}"
> >                 packagenames=".*">
> > <classpath>
> > <pathelement path="${classpath}" />
> > <pathelement path="d:/weblogic/lib/weblogicaux.jar" />
> > <pathelement path="d:/oracle/ora817/jdbc/lib/classes12.zip" />
> >  <fileset dir="../classes" includes="com/**"/>
> > </classpath>
> > </javadoc>
> > </target>
> >
> > When this is executed, it will parse my directories, but says that it
> > doesn't find any source files.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Ken

Glenn McAllister