ant-user mailing list archives

From Barbara Bliss <...@sdrc.com>
Subject Newbe: How to get platform-independence - *.bat vs *.sh
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2001 00:04:00 GMT
Greetings!  I believe that running my packager target from unix needs to
be different from running it on nt.  Ideally, I'd like to have to have
the build process to be identical, independent of which platform we
build on.  So far, my options appear to be:

Option 1: Different target names.  One for unix.  One for NT.

Option 2: have a default property, java.packager.extension, that would
default to .bat  When you run on nt, you'd just call "ant".  When you
run on unix, you'd call "ant -Djava.packager.extension=.sh".  The target

would contain:

<exec dir="${blah.core.distribution}"
executable="${java.j2ee.bin}/packager${java.packager.extension}">

Option 3: find/write a task that determines which os the build is
running on and set the java.packager.extension property.

Does anyone have a better option or a task that they'd be willing to
share?

Thanks in advance!

Barbara H. Bliss                 email: bhb@metaphasetech.com
METAPHASE Technology, Inc        phone: 651-482-2399
4233 Lexington Avenue Suite 3290 fax:  651-482-4001
Arden Hills, MN 55126
One of the great things about being disorderly is that one is
constantly making exciting discoveries." - A. A. Milne