ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Burton" <bi...@progress.com>
Subject Re: rebuild when compiler changes ? (was:How to specify the location of the compiler ?)
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:22:08 GMT
Hello,

The default compiler properties file doesn't have to be "lying around,"
but can be checked into the SCM system as should anything for production
builds.  For developer builds, the logical place for a compiler properties
file might be the target directory for the compile.

The point I was attempting to make is that without a lot of effort, it is
possible to implement at least some level of support for dependency
checking based on compiler options.

-Bill