ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Burton" <bi...@progress.com>
Subject Re: rebuild when compiler changes ? (was:How to specify the locat ion of the compiler ?)
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 21:05:53 GMT
Hello,

I don't think it would be too difficult to write a task that compared a
list of build properties in a file to the current values.  If any of the
values had changed, it would write out a new properties file and set a
property indicating a full rebuild was required.  This property would then
be used to trigger a clean on the target directory before the compile is
performed or, the task could delete classes in the target directory
itself.

Another option is would be to add this functionality to the 1.3 <depends>
task as the compiler, optimization and debugging options are also target
dependencies.  There should also be the ability to add user defined
properties to indicate if application based debugging or tracing, etc. was
enabled or disabled.

-Bill Burton