ant-user mailing list archives

From "Atul V. Setlur" <aset...@nvisia.com>
Subject Re: Building a hirechial build system
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:36:39 GMT
>Yes it is possible to make a hierarchial build system using ant.  There >is a built
in task called <ant> that allows you to specify an ant build
>script as well as the target within that script to run.

Does this result in a new javac process each time? Additionally, does
this mean that one would need to define new targets for each directory
in the main build.xml file?

Alternatively, is there a way of automating the search so that the
contents of the build.xml files in the sub directory be included in the
appropriate targets? For instance, if I want to exclude a particular
package from being included in compilation then I would probably want to
specify the <exclude> in the directory and would want this to be
included in my compile target.

Thanks,
-Atul