ant-user mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: How to delete a specific directory
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:20:51 GMT
"M.A.Dunphy" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Under a root of the directory tree, I have many directories called test
> which I'd like to delete using the delete task (i.e /x/v/d/test/c,
> x/f/test). I've played around with includes but cant see to delete the
> directories but only their content.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mick

Try

<delete>
  <fileset dir="/x/v/d/test/c" />
  <fileset dir="/x/f/test" />
</delete>

In Ant 1.2 using nested filesets only deletes the files, not the
directories.  So the above will recursively delete all the files in the
/x/v/d/test/c and /x/f/test directories without removing the directories
themselves.  In Ant 1.3 (currently in beta), use the "includeemptydirs"
attribute to remove empty directories in addition to any matching files
when using filesets.

Glenn McAllister