ant-user mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@richardhall.net>
Subject Re: Multiple classes in a single file (was: Re: Can someone tell me what is so great about Ant?)
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 21:34:46 GMT
Nico Seessle wrote:

> I have reproduced this on W2K with this Source:
>
> public class Hello
> {
>  private static String GAGA;
>
>  private static final String FOO = "ZTEST";
>  private int i;
>
>  public static void main(String[] args)
>  {
>   System.out.println("Hello");
>   GAGA = "TEST";
>  }
> }
>
> class WithError {
>  int eiei
> }
>
> Generates Hello.class with JDK < 1.3, does not generate Hello.class with JDK
> 1.3, jikes 1.12 or fastjavac V4.0.

Interesting.  I am using JDK 1.3 under Win98, though, and this is not really as
strange as my problem.  The strange thing that I cannot understand, is the
compile-time error is NOT in the file with multiple classes.  It occurs when I
have an error in an unrelated file and I just happen to be building from
scratch.  In this scenario it only partially compiles the multi-class file, even
though I have made no changes to it whatsoever.

I still haven't had time to try to cook up an example since I am busy correcting
final exams for my concurrency class...

-> richard