ant-user mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@richardhall.net>
Subject Re: Multiple classes in a single file (was: Re: Can someone tell me what is so great about Ant?)
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 20:50:35 GMT
Nico Seessle wrote:

> You mean you could have a single file named Foo.java which contains
>
> public class Foo {...}
> class Bar {...}
> class Baz {...}
>
> and Ant sometimes compiles only the class Foo? Is this reproducable? If yes,
> can you tell us
> 1. The OS
> 2. The version of Ant
> 3. The compiler you use
> 4. If you can provide a testcase?

Yes, that's what I mean, except that it is only when I receive an error in a
different file, it doesn't just do it if the build is successful -- that would
be more annoying.  :^)

I just recently installed Ant 1.3beta1, so I haven't tried to reproduce it with
that, but it happened quite regularly before that under the right conditions.
The only downside, is that I might not be able to create a small example to
demonstrate the problem...

I will let you know.

-> richard