ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Burton" <bi...@progress.com>
Subject Re: echo me this
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 04:57:56 GMT
Hello,

This issue is that a path is not exposed as a property so you can't just
echo it or use it like a property.  Internally, it's completely
different.  In Ant 1.3alpha, the refid attribute has been added to the
<property> task so you can do this:
    <!-- Copy path to a property of the same name -->
    <property name="baseClasspath" refid="baseClasspath"/>
    <echo message="baseClasspath: ${baseClasspath}"/>

If you want to do this in Ant 1.2 without using the -verbose switch, it
looks like you'll have to write your own task.

-Bill Burton

<snip/>