ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Smith <M.Sm...@secureinteractive.com>
Subject RE: CVS Get Problems
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 22:27:21 GMT
have you tried doing a cvs login just before running ant?  otherwise you
could try:

<cvs cvsRoot=":pserver:username:password@10.0.1.2:/export/home/web/cvsroot"
           package="source" dest="${build}/cvstemp" />

note the addition of a password in the cvsRoot tag.  Not all that secure,
but I assume you are just checking out, so a readonly account may not be so
bad.

-----Original Message-----
From: Slocum, Jim [mailto:jim.slocum@tallan.com]
Sent: Thursday, 22 February 2001 5:19 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: CVS Get Problems

I'm currently working on a windows machine and running ant. I'm looking to
use ant to automate the build process, but I'm running into a problem. I'm
connecting to a Unix box that's running the CVS repository.

When I use the command :
	<cvs cvsRoot=":pserver:username@10.0.1.2:/export/home/web/cvsroot"
           package="source" dest="${build}/cvstemp" />

It returns to me with :

	[cvs] cvs checkout: authorization failed: server 10.0.1.2 rejected
access
	[cvs] cvs checkout: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real
password

I'm using the latest version of ant (1.3 beta 3) and can't seem to find a
place that specifies how to sent a password to the server. Do I need to
change my cvsRoot? If I just cvs normally, it works fine.

Can anyone be of any help?

Thanks in advance.
Jim