ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Smith <>
Subject RE: Integrating Ant commands into IDE's
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:03:59 GMT
Visual SlickEdit allows you to set up menu items that run external commands.
It would be easy to configure for ant.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Johnson []
Sent: Wednesday, 21 February 2001 1:38 AM
Subject: Integrating Ant commands into IDE's

Hello everyone -

I'm in the processing of creating a semi-standardized Ant-based build
environment for my company's developers, and in the "make the case"
section of my documentation, I'm trying to make that point that Ant
commands can be integrated into many IDE's.  I, for one, use Kawa, and
I have added several Ant commands to my menus.  I know someone else
who's doing this with UltaEdit, as well.

So I'm just curious how many other people have done similar things with
other editors/IDE's, and also which IDE's won't support such external
commands?  For instance, I couldn't figure out how to insert
commandline calls into Visual Cafe.

Any experiences you're willing to share are appreciated.

Do You Yahoo!?
a year!

View raw message