ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to specify the location of the compiler ?
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:39:23 GMT
Hi,

I haven't followed all this thread but there was talk a while ago of
adopting a CONS like dependency system for built files. For each variable
that was involved in dependency build it would be added to a stream that
would then have a hash calculated. Thus if any variable changed between
builds the file would be updated. This will possibly appear in Ant1.x as
soon as someone has the urge to hack at it. Eventually it needs to make
it's way into core Ant if we wish to scale to huge builds.

Cheers,

Pete