ant-user mailing list archives

From Curtis White <soar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Benefits of Ant with other languages
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:50:10 GMT
I am kind of curious about the benefits of Ant when
using it with other languages. There were quite a few
benefits explained in some messages on this list a
while back. There is also that article at

http://www.lutris.com/journal/January2001/articles/antEnhydra.html

that explains the benefits of Ant. But none of these
explained if those benefits apply to ALL uses of Ant
or only to Java programs. So my question is, do those
benefits still apply if you are compiling programs
using other languages besides Java? For example, if I
am using Ant to build Delphi or C++ programs, do those
benefits still apply? Or is it better to use Make (or
something else) for those other languages?

What benefits would I gain by using Ant when compiling
other languages?

Curtis