ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: setting properties on a per user, per project basis
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2001 04:52:04 GMT
--- Phillip Lord <p.lord@hgmp.mrc.ac.uk> wrote:
>         So what I would like is the ability to specify properties
> in some file on a per project basis, where I can stick all of this
> stuff. Preferably I would like to be able to still override these
> properties with command line parameters (so I can switch between
> jikes, and javac easily for instance).
>
>         Is it possible to do this at the moment?

Set up your various project properties files, then read them in using
<property file=${PROJECT}.properties/>. Your 'ant' wrapper-script can deal
with passing it to Ant if $PROJECT is set as a user env var (or specified
on the command-line, like 'PROJECT=foo ant'), or you can also just define
it on the command-line with 'ant -DPROJECT=foo'. I use this approach for
things like which JDK file to read in for running tests, etc.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)