ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: How to specify the location of the compiler ?
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:39:44 GMT
--- Stefan Lecho <> wrote:
> As far as I understand, Ant uses the PATH environment settings
> to execute the compiler. Is there a possibility to define the location
> of the compiler in the build or property file ?
> Something similar to
> <property name="compiler.location" value="compilers/jikes/bin"/>

Actually, that's not a bad idea, having an attribute for <javac> that can
take a full-path to the compiler-- much like the <java> task has a "jvm"
attribute that can take a full-path to the 'java' to execute. Want to look
into adding it? (Keeping in mind that just because I think it could be a
good idea doesn't necessarily mean everyone will :)  Pass it by ant-dev
once you have a patch.

Do You Yahoo!?
a year!

View raw message