ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: build.xml and .inc file organization/structure
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 17:39:46 GMT
--- "Ventimiglia, David" <David.Ventimiglia@msdw.com> wrote:
> Hey Diane,
>
> I'm curious about what you mean by "not straightforward".  How is it
> that a single <javac> is not sufficient?

Because I have to compile against jdk118 classes, for the most part, but
also against some jdk12 and jdk13 classes -- but only for certain files.
So not only do I have to modify the classpath that's passed to the
compiler for certain files, I also have to specify a build-order. In one
compile target alone (in one of over 60 build-files), I need 37 <javac>
tasks)... it ain't pretty. (If you look up "bane" in the dictionary, it
says "See backward-compatibility" :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)