ant-user mailing list archives

From Hadi Abedi <hab...@channelwave.com>
Subject RE: jikes and Ant vs. javac 1.3
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:42:48 GMT

I used jikes to compile 553 files and i had no problem with it. Our code has
been runing on the production site for the past month and we have had no
problem.

Hadi.

-----Original Message-----
From: Liu, Kenneth Albert (Kenneth)** CTR ** [mailto:kenliu@lucent.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 1:36 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: jikes and Ant vs. javac 1.3

Hi folks -

I was thinking about switching to jikes for my builds.  My team is currently
using jdk1.3 (javac).

I was wondering if anyone knew of any potential pitfalls I can be aware of
(either with Ant or jikes itself) before making the switch.

Also, besides the speed increase, what else can I expect from jikes.  I
think it has better dependency checking, if I'm not mistaken.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ken