ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nik Roberts" <...@ts.com>
Subject Filesets and jar files
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:54:19 GMT
Hi,

I've had a build script working correctly, referencing some external (to
CVS) jar files in a global <path> element.
   <path id="project.class.path">
        <fileset dir="${source.jars}">  <!-- this set -->
             <include name="*.jar" />
        </fileset>
        <pathelement location="${source.java}" />
        <pathelement location="${dest.classes}" />
   </path>

I've now added the jar files to our CVS repository, and want to check them
out as part of the build process.
Unfortunately, as soon as Ant sees this <path> property, it checks that the
${source.jars} exists.  Because this doesn't exist until after my checkout
(in the same build file), the build fails.

Is there any way around this, other than putting this <path> element into my
individual tasks?  I want to be able to check the code out of the
repository, and have Ant use all jar files in a the checkout directory when
building.

Thanks in advance,

nik roberts