ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: bootstrapping ant
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 13:28:48 GMT
Paul,

Which version of the source did you download? I suggest you try the Ant 1.3
Beta and give us any feedback against that. This release has better cygwin
support. You could try bootstrap.bat to see if it is a more general problem
than just a Cygwin issue.

The dist below is the target in the ant build.xml. build.sh itself invokes
Ant. With the current beta, you willneed to make that

build.sh -Ddist.dir=blah dist

I am about to revise this part of the documentation for the next beta, so
I'll try to explain exactly what is being done.

Cheers
Conor

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Locke" <paul.locke@arjuna.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 7:53 AM
Subject: bootstrapping ant

Hi,
I downloaded the source for ant but am unable to successfully perform
bootstrap --- which pretty much stops me in my tracks.

My platform is W2K and I'm using cygnus bash shell to invoke the bootstrap
script. I'm getting some nasty errors during the java compilation ---
possibly due to the order in which the files are getting compiled.

I have noticed that some people had similar problems from browsing the Net.
However, I am not sure how or if they solved them. Can anyone help?
I do have jaxp installed and am using jdk1.2.2

Hope someone can help,

Paul

Incidentally, some of the install and build instructions were a little
vague. This comment being an example:

"build.sh -Dant.dist.dir=<directory to install Ant> dist"

It's not that clear what the last "dist" means in this context. I couldn't
relate it to anything in the download. An example would be a bit more
helpful.