ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Does a JBoss nested task exist for the ejbjar task?
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 11:59:08 GMT
Kevin,

From: "Wood, Kevin" <kwood@ELLACOYA.com>
> Hi,
>
> We are using JBoss as our development EJB server and would like to
generate
> EJB jar files for JBoss using the ejbjar task.  We would like to include
the
> JBoss-specific deployment description (jboss.xml) in the JAR file, but
> ejbjar does not include it.
>
> Is there a way to force ejbjar to include the JBoss descriptor, or does a
> nested task exist for JBoss?

One of my goals with ejbjar is to be able to define vendor specific nested
elements to take care of the operations specific to that vendor. Today only
<weblogic> is provided, but it would be possible to have a <jboss> element.
If I get time, I'll try to play with jBoss but time is precious.

In Ant 1.3, the ejbjar task will support a nested <support> element
allowing you to add arbitrary files into the jar before it is passed to the
deployment tool. It may be possible to hook the jboss scriptor in using
that although it is a work around at best.

Conor