ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JNTSVC - HELP!
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:44:22 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Morrison, John" <John.Morrison@uk.experian.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 11:31 AM
Subject: RE: JNTSVC - HELP!

> and in build.xml
>
> <target name="service" depends="jars" description="Creates an NT service">
> <exec executable="${bin}/jntsvc.exe">
> <env key="@" value="${src}/ntsvc.dat"/>
> </exec>
> </target>

With <env..> you are specifying an environment variable. Last time I used
jntsvc.exe it expected the parameter-file as an argument on the
command-line.

So you may want to try

<target name="service" depends="jars" description="Creates an NT service">
  <exec executable="${bin}/jntsvc.exe">
    <arg value="@${src}/ntsvc.dat"/>
  </exec>
</target>

If it doesn't work please run ant with the -debug option ant post (or mail)
the relevant parts of the output.

As I'm currently looking for a Report-writer for Java - is this product
available standalone, or just embedded integrated with one of the products?

Nico