ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <Nico.Sees...@epost.de>
Subject Multiple classes in a single file (was: Re: Can someone tell me what is so great about Ant?)
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 20:08:33 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard S. Hall" <heavy@richardhall.net>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 9:03 PM
Subject: Re: Can someone tell me what is so great about Ant?

> more problematic issue for me, is an issue I am having where I have
multiple
> classes in a single file (they are not public classes), let's call the
file
> Foo.java.  When I compile my project from scratch after editing a file not
> related to Foo.java and get an error, in some cases the compiler has
generated a
> .class file for the one public class in Foo.java, but not the non-public
ones.

You mean you could have a single file named Foo.java which contains

public class Foo {...}
class Bar {...}
class Baz {...}

and Ant sometimes compiles only the class Foo? Is this reproducable? If yes,
can you tell us
1. The OS
2. The version of Ant
3. The compiler you use
4. If you can provide a testcase?

You can answer directly to the newsgroup, or better fill out a bug-report at
http://nagoya.betaversion.org/bugzilla/.

Thanks,

Nico