ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: classpath not working
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:44:41 GMT

  From: Lynch
  To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, February 26, 2001 8:07 AM
  Subject: classpath not working

   <target name="ejb-classes" depends="prepare">
    <javac srcdir="${src.dir}/com/truetel/slee/sleeimpl;${src.dir}/jain"
      destdir="${lib.dir}/ejb"
      includes="**">
      <classpath>
         <pathelement location="$(ecoreEJB.dir)/ecore.jar" />
         <pathelement location="${orion.dir}/ejb.jar" />
         <pathelement path="${src.dir}" />
         <pathelement location="$(ecoreEJB.dir)/ecoremiscEJB.jar" />
      </classpath>
    </javac>
   </target>

  However, when I launch "ant -verbose", Ant 1.2 seems to use the
  system default classpath, rather than what I set in the javac tag,
  even if I have unset the system classpath. I have also used
  <javac classpath = "xyz.jar"> without success.

Have you tried to put your jar's in a directory not containing spaces? Just a wild guess,
but there seem to be some problems in some conditions if there are spaces involved.

Another hint: You should *never* include part or your package structure in the srcdir-attribute.
It will confuse Ant and it will start to recompile your classes everytime you run it.

Have a look at the nested include-tags, they are doing what you want to do.

Nico