ant-user mailing list archives

From wi...@msoft.com (Will Hartung)
Subject Ant 1.3beta2 ejbjar task problem
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 22:35:24 GMT
I'm having I guess basic issue with ejbjar.

Here's the build.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project name="ejbtest" default="ejbjar" basedir=".">
  <target name="ejbjar" description="Jar up Beans">
    <ejbjar srcdir="." destdir="./jarstuff">
      <weblogic destdir="./wlstuff" newcmp="true"/>
      <include name="**/*-ejb-jar.xml"/>
    </ejbjar>
  </target>
</project>

I have a plethora of beans in a single directory.

Here's a single example.

MessageUserEntity-ejb-jar.xml
MessageUserEntity-weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml
MessageUserEntity-weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
MessageUserEntity.class
MessageUserEntity.java
MessageUserEntityEJB.class
MessageUserEntityEJB.java
MessageUserEntityHome.class
MessageUserEntityHome.java
MessageUserEntityPK.class
MessageUserEntityPK.java

This happens to be the first bean that Ant decides to build and, apparently,
it builds
just fine.

Here's another:

MetricsSession-ejb-jar.xml
MetricsSession-weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
MetricsSession.class
MetricsSession.java
MetricsSessionEJB.class
MetricsSessionEJB.java
MetricsSessionHome.class
MetricsSessionHome.java

When Ant tries to build this one, ejbc flat out fails. It appears that in
the MetricsSession-generic.jar, the only things that it put in there are
ejb-jar.xml and
weblogic-ejb-jar.xml. It does not put the classes into the -generic jar.
Also, the two XML files in the jar are identical (they're both the ejb-jar).
If I build the -generic jar by hand with the classes and the correct XML
files, ejbc works peachy.

Finally, it fails both after building MessageUserEntity first, and without
building it first.

The XML files were yanked out of what Visual Cafe generates, and then AWKd
to fix them up appropriately.

Anything else I can add, let me know.

Thanx!

Will Hartung