ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <Nico.Sees...@epost.de>
Subject Re: Multiple classes in a single file (was: Re: Can someone tell me what is so great about Ant?)
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 21:01:03 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 3:00 PM
Subject: Re: Multiple classes in a single file (was: Re: Can someone tell me
what is so great about Ant?)

> Richard, the style you have chosen is indeed.a valid Java style. I would
> hope that javac would not produce the public class file without producing
> the non-public classes too. In other words, javac's production of class
> files should be atomic. Given however, that you are not seeing that,
> perhaps that is not true.

I have reproduced this on W2K with this Source:

public class Hello
{
 private static String GAGA;

 private static final String FOO = "ZTEST";
 private int i;

 public static void main(String[] args)
 {
  System.out.println("Hello");
  GAGA = "TEST";
 }
}

class WithError {
 int eiei
}

Generates Hello.class with JDK < 1.3, does not generate Hello.class with JDK
1.3, jikes 1.12 or fastjavac V4.0.

Nico