ant-user mailing list archives

From "Cathal McGinley" <cat...@vccomputers.ie>
Subject MatchingTask breaks with **/*~ pattern
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 05:16:55 GMT
I've been using Ant for a while, but I only recently upgraded to version 1.2
and some of the new stuff confuses me. An old custom MatchingTask now
breaks, apparently because of the use of FileSets. I am trying to implement
a simple "clean" task, like make clean, and I thought I'd found a useful
example in the Ant 1.2 users guide which made my Clean task obsolete. My
build.xml now looks as follows:

<project name="test" default="clean" basedir="/home/time">
<target name="clean">
    <delete verbose="true">
        <fileset dir="${basedir}" includes="**/*~" />
    </delete>
</target>
</project>

However, the task seems to get caught in an infinite loop and the JVM runs
out of memory after about 4 minutes. Curiously, if I substitute
includes="*/*~" the task works fine (but only deletes files in the basedir
directory). I think, from messing about with my custom task, that the
problem lies somewhere around the getDirectoryScanner method of FileSet. On
the other hand, no-one else seems to be having this problem, so it's
probably just a stupid mistake on my part.

Any suggestions, corrections, explanations or workarounds would be
appreciated.
FYI: I'm running Ant with JDK1.3 on SuSE Linux.
thanks
    Cathal.