ant-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Locke" <paul.lo...@arjuna.com>
Subject bootstrapping ant
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 20:53:32 GMT

Hi,
I downloaded the source for ant but am unable to successfully perform bootstrap --- which
pretty much stops me in my tracks.

My platform is W2K and I'm using cygnus bash shell to invoke the bootstrap script. I'm getting
some nasty errors during the java compilation --- possibly due to the order in which the files
are getting compiled.

I have noticed that some people had similar problems from browsing the Net. However, I am
not sure how or if they solved them. Can anyone help?
I do have jaxp installed and am using jdk1.2.2

Hope someone can help,

Paul

Incidentally, some of the install and build instructions were a little vague. This comment
being an example:

"build.sh -Dant.dist.dir=<directory to install Ant> dist"

It's not that clear what the last "dist" means in this context. I couldn't relate it to anything
in the download. An example would be a bit more helpful.