ant-user mailing list archives

From James Bucanek <subscri...@gloaming.com>
Subject Re: Stupid Windows question
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 18:48:24 GMT
At 10:24 AM -0700 1/2/01, James Bucanek wrote:
>But I want to put the ant.jar (and parser.jar, and jaxp.jar, and
>myTasks.jar) somewhere common.  I've read the notes on class paths
>on the java.sun.com site, and have tried (1) setting a CLASSPATH
>environment variable to point to the directory, (2) placing the jars
>in the \jdk1.3\jre\lib\ext, \jdk1.3\jre\lib, and \jdk1.3\lib
>directories, (3) specified those directories in the java command
>options, and (4) combinations of the above (restarting the entire OS
>between configuration changes, of course).

OK, problem solved.  In trying to debug this problem, I turned on
-verbose to see where the java tool was reading it's classes from.

Ding!

I was putting my .jar files in /jdk1.3/jre/lib/ext.  WRONG!  Java
loads it's classes from C:\PROGRAM FILES\JAVASOFT\JRE\1.3\lib\ext!

(Which begs the question: What is the jdk1.1/jre/lib directory for?)

None of the classpath stuff worked at all, but at least my
application is now happy, which makes me happy.

Sorry to bother everyone,

James Bucanek
<mailto:privatereply@gloaming.com>