ant-user mailing list archives

From James Bucanek <>
Subject Re: Stupid Windows question
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 18:48:24 GMT
At 10:24 AM -0700 1/2/01, James Bucanek wrote:
>But I want to put the ant.jar (and parser.jar, and jaxp.jar, and
>myTasks.jar) somewhere common.  I've read the notes on class paths
>on the site, and have tried (1) setting a CLASSPATH
>environment variable to point to the directory, (2) placing the jars
>in the \jdk1.3\jre\lib\ext, \jdk1.3\jre\lib, and \jdk1.3\lib
>directories, (3) specified those directories in the java command
>options, and (4) combinations of the above (restarting the entire OS
>between configuration changes, of course).

OK, problem solved.  In trying to debug this problem, I turned on
-verbose to see where the java tool was reading it's classes from.

I was putting my .jar files in /jdk1.3/jre/lib/ext.  WRONG!  Java
loads it's classes from C:\PROGRAM FILES\JAVASOFT\JRE\1.3\lib\ext!

(Which begs the question: What is the jdk1.1/jre/lib directory for?)

None of the classpath stuff worked at all, but at least my
application is now happy, which makes me happy.

Sorry to bother everyone,

James Bucanek

View raw message