ant-user mailing list archives

From James Bucanek <subscri...@gloaming.com>
Subject RE: Stupid Windows question
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 18:00:18 GMT
At 9:33 AM -0800 1/2/01, Joe McGlynn wrote:
>Define an environment variable with the fully-qualified, full name of each
>.jar, and the root directory of any tree containing un-jared classes.  Like
>so:
>
>If you have foo.jar in C:\myjars,
>and "loose" .class files in d:\mystuff\com\joe\util that are part a package
>com.joe.util
>then define a classpath as such:
>
>set classpath=c:\myjars\foo.jar;d:\mystuff

Besides the fact the I've yet to get this to work, wasn't Java
1.2/1.3 supposed to eliminate all of this classpath nonsense for
library classes & jars?  At least is does for other platforms.  Why
doesn't Win Java find them in the lib or lib/ext directories?

James Bucanek
<mailto:privatereply@gloaming.com>