ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: junit test summary - can I just get one?
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:35:47 GMT
C. Kimpton <KimptonC@rabo-bank.com> wrote:

> Ant can find my tests (assuming I name them consistently) but it
> gives a test summary per class - is there a way/plans for just
> getting one summary?

Plans? Yes. Getting to implement them? Unfortunately no.

Stephane Bailliez <bailliez@noos.fr> has taken over part of it (and I
should say "thank you" a lot more often) and I'm not sure what his
status is. He has added the ability to specify add an output directory
in 1.3alpha already.

> I guess this would effectively mean writing a generic test within
> ant that looks for/uses the list of tests classes found as one large
> suite.  Then, when junit runs that, it will give one summary for the
> whole suite.

No, I think we should rethink who should be responsible for writing
the logging information for a batchtest and not scatter this between
the testrunner, the testelement and the logger. As far as I can tell
Stephane is on the right track here.

Stefan