ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build.xml question
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:13:42 GMT
Cristiano Sadun <cris@gdpm.no> wrote:

> The reason for my second question was that I'm writing (in spare
> time) a makefile generator which computes dependencies from java
> classes' constant pool, as both MMake and Makify dont generate the
> kind of makefile tree I need to control large projects.

Take a look at Conor's code to the <depend> task in recent CVS, it
might give you some additional ideas - or you could feed your
experience back to Ant's code.

What you describe is no problem for Ant, as you wouldn't define a
target for each class, but live with a single <javac> task that does
all the work.

Stefan