ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: javac vs. javadoc
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:43:24 GMT
Johannes Zellner <johannes@zellner.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> having a build.xml which lives in the same directory as some
> java sources:
>
> <project basedir = ".">
>     <javac
>       srcdir   = "../../.."
>       destdir  = "build"
>       includes = "org.zellner.zv/**/*.java"/>

should be includes = "org/zellner/zv/**/*.java"

>     <javadoc
>       srcpath     = "../../.."
>       destdir     = "doc"
>       sourcefiles = "org/zellner/zv/**/*.java"/>
>

> 1) The javadoc target one doesn't work. It tells me that
>    it cannot find any source files.  Why ?

Because the sourcefiles attribute of javadoc doesn't support
wildcards, just a comma separated list of files.

> 2) The naming of the attributes seems pretty confusing. Is not
>
>        javac's srcdir    ==  javadoc's srcpath

true

>        javac's includes  ==  javadoc's sourcefiles

false

<javadoc> is not what the manual describes as a directory based tasks
- it should be but nobody has found the time to make it one yet.

All in all there are a couple of places where Ant could be more
consistent with attribute names. I hope we'll manage a major cleanup
on this for Ant2.

Stefan